Tellumat has been offering Helpdesk services to customers for over 20 years. This customer base has included municipalities, network operators, metro and traffic policing departments, government institutions and tertiary institutions to name a few.
Tellumat follows a standard Helpdesk philosophy, with escalation in proportion to the level and complexity of the incident reported.
- Helpdesk (TAC1) 24x7
- Technician (TAC2) 24x7 Standby
- Specialist (TAC3) 24x7 Standby
- OEM Expert (Equipment or Solution Vendor) 24x7 Standby
- Development engineering (Design Changes) 5x8
The Helpdesk staff are trained to handle all products within our portfolio. In addition, local and foreign experts are available to deal with escalated queries, subject to the time availability selected by the client.
Repairs and Reverse Logistics
Tellumat has secured back-to-back warranty and repair agreements with its Vendors and Suppliers. This process is managed by the Wireless Solutions Group and consists of the following high-level offering:
1. Buffer stock of low-turnaround, high cost spares items is maintained in a Regional Warehouse e.g. spare racks, spare blades, antennas etc.
2. Buffer stock of high-turnaround, low cost spares items is maintained by Field Support teams e.g. surge arrestors, connectors etc.
3. All faulty, repairable, high-value items are shipped to Tellumat Cape Town for capturing and consolidation via Tellumat's SAP RMA process
4. Faulty items will be repaired as follows:
- Self-repair by Tellumat where repair accreditation exists (accredited for own equipment, Aviat, Grintek and other OEMs)
- Shipping to equipment manufacturers via RMA process against back-to-back warranty agreement for repair. Logistics, tracking, warranty and customs issues are managed as part of this process.
5. Buffer stock of critical and high-turnaround spares is retained in-region to reduce downtime
6. The repair process is effectively disconnected from the spares supply process, which means that long OEM repair cycles will not affect Managed Operations at all.
Tellumat Wireless Solutions already has strategic long-standing alliances with world-class logistics entities.
Tellumat has a formidable repair capability of its own, of which the technologies covered span anything from switching to RF to high-end microwave equipment.
We operate our own Helpdesk and CRM system to ensure smooth handling of repairs and complete traceability, tracking and reporting. A test equipment base of several million USD has been built up over the last 10 years, from bed of nails (PCB and in-circuit) test systems to RF network analyzers and spectrum analyzers.
Our track record with local network operators such as Telkom is unsurpassed in the SA industry and we are currently seen as one of the most advanced and competent telecommunications repair facilities in Southern Africa.
Our repair centre is able to leverage off our advanced Manufacturing Facility, which enhances our capability in terms of advanced rework and repair of the most advanced PCB technology, including ball-grid array (BGA) IC's.
These skills, capabilities and facilities have placed Tellumat in the enviable position of being able to apply for repair accreditation from virtually any electronic equipment manufacturer or vendor chosen by a Network Operator or Service Provider.